I am currently recruiting for a senior project manager for one of our most exciting automated solutions clients based in Leicester. The Senior Project Manager provides professional project management services in support of the development, award, and delivery of automated solutions projects our client.
As the primary contact between the client, the customer and third parties, the Senior Project Manager has direct responsibility, authority, and accountability for ensuring that the work is undertaken in accordance with the client's and customers specification and processes.
They provide Project Management leadership to the project teams and the business to ensure contracts are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed specifications so that the client always meets its customers' requirements and contractual obligations.
- Managing a portfolio of projects.
- The effective implementation of the clients resources on a day-to-day basis to ensure the scope of work is provided as specified.
- Managing the commercial and technical risk of projects.
- Defining quality expectations and targets.
- Acting as the primary contact for the clients quality assurance matters directly related to the project.
- Accountable for the maintenance of the registers and master files for the project.
- Ownership of the delivery of the project management processes and leading the project team.
- Establishing the project brief and the detailed project scope and deliverables.
- Establishing the project structure, resources, roles and responsibilities.
- Creating the integrated project plan and agreeing workstream plans.
- Developing the project meetings schedule and the defining lines of communication.
- Identifying project risks and determines mitigation actions or contingency plans.
- Adherence of the project reporting and financial controls processes.
- Acting as the primary customer interface on a day to day basis.
- Managing project approvals required from the customer.
- Managing proposed changes to the agreed project scope, timescales and budgets.
- Reporting on project status to Management.
- Managing project resources and costs within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Contributing to the development of project management capabilities and in defining service offerings to the business.
- Degree qualified, ideally in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in automated engineering projects is preferred
- Extensive experience in leading and managing large project teams
- History of working in a lead role in high complexity, high-value projects
- Articulate with good customer-facing skills and the ability to manage effectively at all organisational levels.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Formal Project Management qualifications and exposure to Prince 2, PMI or other formal project management methodologies
- Ability to work away from home in the UK and Europe
Our client can offer a competitive salary and car allowance plus our comprehensive benefits package, which includes 25 days annual holiday entitlement with the option to buy a further 5 days of flexible holiday, a contributory pension scheme, access to our free gym and wellness programme, cycle to work scheme, access to discounts via our affinity scheme and more!
If you might be interested in the above role, please apply now for more information, or alternatively you can contact Connor Jones on 0121 227 5257 or email@example.com
*Please note you must hold the full right to work in the UK to apply for this position
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.