Product Regulatory Compliance Engineer
£400-450 per day
Our client, a global Aerospace company, have a requirement for a Product Regulatory Compliance Engineer to join their team on a 6-12 month contract.
* Work as PRC (Product safety) Engineer or PRC Manager in the design team of Security Solutions, an IT intensive Border security system
* Generate engineering artefacts required for Product Safety Engineering, including Functional Safety Analysis for HW and SW, align necessary Engineering activities to achieve a safe product together with the PRC Manager, and/or applicable PRC Coordinator / PRC Officer
* Activities for border security projects and products: create PRC Plan and all contents of the PRC Record including HW and SW Hazard Analysis, sets requirements according to process MP.PC.06 Manage PRC, recommend specific safety design solutions and descriptions
* Liaise with PRC Specialists that are part of deployment team and ensure their guidance wrt their PRC related deliverables
b) General responsibilities
Work methods & equipment used for day-to-day activity
* Is responsible for the execution of allocated tasks and responsibilities within the appropriate timeline and at the required quality standards. The Company operates in a Matrix organisation, with work assigned to temporary teams on projects, work-packages, tasks and operations. The teams are under the operational control of the beneficiary programme / project managers; allocation and tools are under the responsibility of the department. Each member of the department (including Department Manager) may be assigned with roles within various projects / programmes / bids.
* Is compliant with the functional hierarchy, processes, procedures and working instructions needed to perform the allocated tasks and responsibilities.
* Identifies, proposes and supports improvement initiatives, if required.
* Maintains equipment, working tools & instruments at the appropriate standards of functionality; informs superiors on any malfunctions of utilised equipment, working tools & instruments.
* Submits all documents required by support functions in due time (e.g. Finance, Human Resources, IM).
- Dedicated knowledge about Product Regulatory Compliance Standards
- Knowledge of the company collaborative work tools.
- Strong service orientation and delivery focus, including work under pressure, and to deadlines
- Think globally and interdisciplinary, constantly fostering efficient interface between engineering and project and organisational stakeholders.
- Understanding working in a matrix and multi-site organisation as well as evolving in a multicultural context and knowing how to handle relationships with foreign partners according to their cultural habits leading to interactions of assertive nature, while achieving commonly accepted results.
- Balance conflicting stakeholder needs.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceProduct Regulatory Compliance Engineer
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.