This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Innovation & Technology Development Division (ITDD) provides leadership in engine test and development solutions. We are currently seeking to recruit a contract CNC Prototype Machinist to join the Prototype Machining Facility based in Peterborough to support their continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel Engines
The successful candidate will carry out several duties as detailed below. This is a key role that involves the manufacture of high specification prototype components within tight timelines. The ability to work to engineer's instructions and drawings, use your own initiative and work with the appropriate people to resolve issues is essential.
- Set-up and operation of various jigs and fixtures
- Operation of manual machines, as the role requires extensive experience with manual lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, band saws, grinding (surface/cylindrical) and other related equipment and tooling
- Be proficient with the use of all related measuring equipment and tooling
- Always follow established processes and procedures for machining components
- Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- CNC and 3D printing experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of Feature - CAM would be advantageous
- Safe Working (Ability to work to and adhere to company Safety Policies and Procedures)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Attention to detail, efficiency, and quality
- Communication (Customer facing with regard to work requests)
- Ability to work under own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Contribute to Team Success
- Be supportive of change
- Recognised apprenticeship, City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Machining
- Relevant experience in machining
Offering up to £16 per hour as Ltd Co / Umbrella Co contractor based over 37.5 hours per week.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceCNC
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.