Acorn Recruitment is currently looking for Converting Packaging Operators to work in a well established company based in the Port Talbot area.
The main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
· Set up and operate manual and automatic machines on a daily basis.
· Record productivity and quality date on a daily basis.
· Carry out visual inspection of the product to maintain quality control.
· Perform basic machine maintenance.
· Participate in quality and productivity improvement activities.
· Ensure a high level of housekeeping is maintained throughout the shift
· Any other reasonable task within the employees skills, experience and knowledge.
Job specific skills and experience / qualifications:
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
- Good level of dexterity, numeracy and literacy.
Applicants must be able to:
- Demonstrate a level of flexibility.
- Work in an organised, clean and efficient manner.
- Show good attendance and time keeping skills.
- Work well on own initiative as well as within in a team.
At times the environment can be hot due to the machinery and very dusty due to the product
You will be working shifts - Days and Nights which will include every other weekend. You will be allocated your shift pattern on your first day.
The hourly rate of pay is £11.33.
This position is temporary to permanent for the right candidate.
If you meet the criteria above please apply immediately with an up to date CV.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceConverting, Production,
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.