We are recruiting for a maintenance engineer based in a fully automated distribution centre. Working for a market leading organisation, located in Rotherham.
About the role;
You will be working on a days and nights basis (panama shift pattern, 12 hour shifts). Responsible for the upkeep of new automated machinery that has recently been installed on site
- To carry out automated manual handling equipment servicing in accordance to the quality standards as set out in the equipment manuals
- To undertake scheduled repairs in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- To accurately record all work undertaken on the computerised maintenance management system
- To ensure on-site spares are kept to optimum levels and that stores processes are adhered to in the utilisation and management of spares
- To monitor the Flow Controllers and the Maintenance Assistance to ensure best practice is adhered to
Salary is between £36,000-£38,000. With a company bonus (last year 5%)
Involved within the warehouse, is a variety of automated materials handling machinery involving conveyors, hanging garment sortation machinery, labellers, scanners, printers, hydraulics, pneumatics etc. All PLC controlled electromechanical machinery. The more people that buy products online, the busier and busier the site gets! Conveyor experience is a must, however there are many transferable skills from the food manufacturing environment, this maybe your chance to get away from the dirty food industry and into a nice clean automated distribution facility!
- NVQ L3/apprenticeship or equivalent in engineering
- Experience within automated environments such as Food manufacturing, FMCG, Steel, Automotive, waste to recycling and industrial engineering
- Previous experience with conveyance systems is essential
If you could be interested in the position, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.