Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Bury St Edmunds
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer ideally with an electrical bias required for a unique business in Bury st Edmunds. With a proven background of maintenance within a production facility you will have a sound knowledge and experience of Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, ideally with experience of CNC Machinery.
- Develop a Preventive and Predictive maintenance strategy which delivers optimal performance of all major assets on site.
- Develop and manage Engineering Practices within the Maintenance department.
- Regularly monitoring engineering standards, housekeeping, adherence to business processes and Safety risks.
- Manage and continuously improve the Work Order Management process to drive efficient execution of maintenance tasks through detailed planning and scheduling.
- Deliver very high levels of preventative maintenance and Calibration Schedule Compliance.
- Provide technical support during major plant issues or breakdowns
- Electrical and Mechanical fault finding including (three phase)
- Manage an budget for the site Maintenance,
- Participation in "out of normal hours working" will be required in instances of plant failure where the duty call out engineer is unable to resolve the problems
- Manage external contractors
- Perform regular statutory testing
Knowledge and Skills:
- Background from industrial/ manufacturing/ process
- Experience with motors, PLC's, inverter drives etc
- Electrical qualifications
- Maintenance and repair of CNC mills and lathes
- Knowledge of Mori-Seki and Matsuura CNC machines
- Fanuc control systems
- Mobile elevating work platforms (MEWP) Licence
- 18th edition certified.
To be considered for the role you must have -
- ONC, OND, HNC/D, DEGREE and/or Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship (qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
- The determination, and motivation to excel and enable others to succeed
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Nathan Woakes on 02030175179 / 07385031222 or submit your CV to Nathan@proactive-tech.co.uk alternatively, apply to this advert!
Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with there details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive £250. *T&Cs apply*
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.