Are you a packaging engineer looking for a more senior role. Perhaps you're a project engineer in a packaging environment and want more autonomy to manage your own projects. Look no further. I am currently recruiting for a senior packaging engineer for a consultancy based in Burton-on-Trent, who are looking to expand their offering in their projects and packaging departments.
- Developing commercially focused innovative engineering solutions to solve
- complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover.
- Working as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team leading one or more of the engineering disciplines.
- Project ('Player') Manager of projects with a large bias in packaging systems..
- Committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
- Professional approach incorporating best practice and internally developed QA and design procedures.
- Provide consultative support to Clients to identify process improvements or changes to existing processes.
- Support Clients in Capex development process.
- Provide tailored engineering solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation and practicality. Requirements for drawings will range from initial concepts through to 'as-installed'.
- Ensuring project deliverables are met - production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
- Equipment Supplier Selection - carry out detailed tender analysis including commercial and technical evaluations for required items of equipment.
- Project profitability - control of capital expenditure and contractor variations.
- Preparation and management of project programme in conjunction with the client /suppliers.
- Expedite equipment - ensure equipment is manufactured to the correct standards min accordance with the required project programme key dates.
- Attend Pre Delivery Inspection visits to ensure purchased equipment achieves acceptance requirements prior to delivery to site.
- Site Management - at the appropriate time in the project the engineers duties will require them to be site based and carry out the management / coordination of suppliers during the installation / commissioning phase of the project.
- Ensure key project dates are achieved.
- Performance trials - assist in carrying out performance trials for each individual item of equipment to ensure acceptance criteria identified within engineering specifications is achieved.
- Compile and issue final documentation.
- Company profitability - control of man hours and expenses.
- QA - contribute to and work to Lorien CBA's / SOP's & client systems and
- Legislation - ensure project compliance with legal requirements including CDM,
- Machinery Directive & PUWER.
Skills & Characteristics
- Proficient in the use of Autocad & MS Project
- System design and project delivery experience in one or more of the following
- Snacks & Confectionery
- Fresh & Chilled
- Understanding of line analysis and process improvement techniques
- Degree educated in relevant discipline
- Attained or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Midlands based; live within commuting distance of Burton-on-Trent
If you could be interested in discussing this opportunity with us, please apply now for more information and one of our specialist consultants will give you a call to discuss this with you further!
Contact: Connor Jones
*Please be advised that due to the nature of the clients work, Proactive Technical Recruitment will not be able to consider applicants who do not hold the right to work in the UK. Due to the volume of applications Proactive Technical Recruitment will receive, applicants from outside the UK will have their application discarded without feedback.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.