The Manager will be responsible for delivering and managing on-going risk engagements, while also contributing to new order intake and business development, for US power utilities, end users, energy marketing and trading companies and other market participants.
- Provide a range of risk management consulting services to power/energy clients for all operating and market facing operations for generation, transmission and distribution assets and systems.
- Provide risk program assessment, design and development services to help clients meet their business objectives.
- Develop staffing plans for short, mid and long term risk projects.
- Create project budgets and margins, and manage engagements within these parameters.
- Manage project teams of senior consultants, consultants and analysts.
- Simulate recommended risk management strategies with rigor in both stochastic and deterministic frameworks; bring a best practice perspective to clients' risk management programs.
- Contribute to the growth strategy for the Risk Practice. This includes the evolution of offerings to keep them best in class as well as the development and introduction of new consulting products.
- Contribute to the business development and sales process, including through identification of new leads.
- Work with power/energy/environmental market experts to develop a view of future market conditions relating to client portfolios, and develop Risk management solutions appropriately.
- Exercise thought leadership to guide the research and development of emerging issues and solutions impacting risk management in the power and energy industry. Publish thought leadership.
- 10+ years of consulting experience in the power/energy industry
- In-depth knowledge of Risk Management
- Strong quantitative background, by education and/or professional experience
- Experience with Matlab and/or SQL coding and applications a plus
- Track record of successful project management, preferably for energy/power industry clients
- MBA or Masters in Business, Economics or Technical Discipline preferred
- Relevant engineering and operations research at the BS or MS level also a plus
- Ability to provide strong technical leadership and oversight for a wide range of economic and statistical analyses in the energy field
- Detailed knowledge of electric power, natural gas, environmental markets, generation, transmission, distribution and energy demand
- Strong expertise in US energy/power market analysis and a detailed understanding of the analytical tools and software used in the industry
- Strong consulting skills, including excellent written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required
- Identifies issues and problems, secures relevant information, considers alternative courses of action and makes good business decisions
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencerisk management, consulting, risk, power, energy, transmission, distribution assets, systems, utilities, ERM, matlab, consultant, advisor, best practice, SQL, quantitative, engineering, hedging, delta, statistical, power, market analysis, analytics
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.